The Superintendency is committed to facilitate the involvement of parents in the schools. Research has proven that parents are an integral part of the educational process. At the District level all parent initiatives and programs are rooted in the following core elements trust, relationship building, skill development, and mutual respect for parents, teachers, and administrators.
Parent Involvement Philosophy
- All parents have a right and a responsibility to be involved in the education of their children
- When parents are involved in their children's education, children tend to do better in school.
- Schools need the support of parents to educate children effectively
- Parents have specialize shills which they bring to the school community
- Parentâs should be provided with the information and techniques necessary to support their childrenâs development and learning at home
- Empower parents to participate in making decisions at the school and district level
- Provide services to parents in a manner that is culturally and linguistically sensitive to their needs.
Parent Involvement is most effective when it is comprehensive, well planned, and when it takes a positive approach, rather than focusing on remedial intervention.