Working with DreamWeaver
After you have created your page in DreamWeaver, you will want to publish it. Using the Dreamweaver components, follow these instructions to transfer your work to the teachers.altschools.org (22.214.171.124) server OR to the students.altschools.org (126.96.36.199) server.
Locate & Click the Site on top line, 2 buttons to left of Help.
Locate & Click Define Sites, five down.
You should now see this:
Select Local Info:
DO NOT CLICK OK
- You will want to name this Site Name. Teachers or students depending on your role.
- Local Root Folder will be the place where your work is being saved on your computer.
- Leave everything as is after this point for now.
Next Select Remote Info, second line down on left.
On right side where it says None change that to FTP.
Supply this info:
FTP Host: teachers.altschools.org (students.altschools.org)
Host Directory: webdocs/
Use your Login NOT Password DO NOT USE SAVE IF ON PUBLIC COMPUTER
Ignore other check boxes
Press OK at bottom.
If this screen appears, click the check box which says:
"Don't Show me this message again" and then OK.
Now that you have Defined the session you should see it as a choice:
Click Done and you should see this sceeen. (What you see on right should be your work)
In Right Window your should see your files.
Now Select Site button on top again and choose Connect.
Enter Password Now. DO NOT CHOOSE Save Password on a public computer.
You should now see your server account in left window.
- This is the classic FTP interface and works like many FTP programs. You can perform many
functions such as delete, rename and more with this feature.
- To move files: highlight the file or files you want to transfer from your computer to the web
by pressing the BLUE ARROW on the top line. To highlight more than one
file, hold the CTRL key whiloe using the mouse to select your files.
- To move files from server to your computer, highlight files as above, but this time use the
- If a dialogue box like this appears:
- Click Don't Ask Me Again and Yes
If all went correctly, your work should now be transferred to your web account on the server.
Verify this by going to your web address.
Now in the Future all you need to do is select Site and choose Open site
and teachers will be there, Click on teachers and then Site,
Connect and you are back in business.
If you have further questions or any problems, contact Ted